Ahhh its finally summer! Time for BBQ, pool parties, river trips and my favorite, banana pudding. Now I will say, this summer is no where like many of our typical summer thanks to COVID and although COVID has stopped much of the carefreeness of Summer 2020, I refuse to let it take away my favorite summer treats. The world is so dark and stressful lately, take a break and try out this Banana Pudding Recipe provided to me by my sweet cousin Saralyn. Try it out and let me know what you think!
3 cans of evaporated milk
3-4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2/3 cups of flour
1 whole cup of sugar
3 ripe bananas
1 box of vanilla wafer cookies
1. Grab 2 bowls; crack the eggs separating the yolk from the whites, placing yolks in one bowl and whites in the other. Beat yolks until smooth.
2. Over medium low heat, add 3 cans of evaporated milk, 2/3 cups of flour, the egg yolks, 3/4 cups of sugar and 2-3 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Stir consistently for 10-15 minutes until pudding thickens with minimal to no lumps.
3. Once the pudding is thickened to your liking. Then take your baking pan and line the bottom and the sides of the pan with vanilla wafers, adding layer of bands then pour your pudding. repeat. This will form a custard.
4. For the Meringue, I would definitely recommend using a cake mixer and whipping egg whites in mixing bowl until stiff. Once eggs are stiff, add sugar and continue whipping them for a whipped meringue topping.
5. Pour the meringue over the top of the pudding. You can make rippled designs in the meringue, get real fancy with it. Then place pudding in the oven bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
6. Finally remove pudding from the oven and let it cool off. This desert can be served warmed or chilled.
Enjoy and happy Summer!